Experienced Bookkeeper / Accountant
Atlin Tlingit Economic Limited Partnership (ATELP) is a small to medium size business currently seeking an individual with advanced bookkeeping experience to join our corporate team. ATELP represents a group of development corporations owned by the Taku River Tlingit First Nation (TRTFN).
Atlin is situated within the traditional territory of the TRTFN people. The very beautiful and friendly town of Atlin is the most northern, unincorporated community in British Columbia, accessible via the Yukon and a two hour drive from the major city center of Whitehorse.
Reporting to management, this position will be required to:
- Perform standard bi-weekly payroll functions for up to 60 employees
- Billing and posting receivables for a multi-divisional company that operates; a fuel sales division, civil contracting, building construction, operates a hydro-electric facility, and other activities.
- Provide management with scheduled or requested financial and project reports in a timely fashion
- Capable of executing intercompany bookkeeping entries
- Experienced in receiving, processing and posting payables into a computerized accounting system
- Complete monthly and quarterly reconciliations of various accounts
- Interacts with auditors to complete audits, posts year end adjusting journal entries
- Skilled in pro-forma financial projections and project allocation reports
- Can supervise and train others
- Providing feedback on cash flow management, reporting all discrepancies
- Make recommendations to improve the efficiency of finance operations and systems
- Ability to maintain computer software systems, perform backups, and keep physical files in an orderly manner
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of direct payment systems
- Proficiency in use of Sage 50 Simply Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with WCB and CRA reporting requirements
- Experience in reconciling accounts, resolving accounting discrepancies and performing required adjustments
- Managing relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work demands
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively and meet deadlines
- Cross cultural awareness, sensitivity, understanding and personal suitability
- Successful completion of grade 12 with minimum of 3 to 5 years advanced bookkeeping experience.
Successful completion of grade 12 with minimum 3 to 5 years advanced bookkeeping experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Class 5 Driver's License
Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all ATELP personnel.
For information on ATELP, other jobs available with ATELP for family members, the community of Atlin, or the job itself email Stuart Simpson, General Manager.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Experienced Carpenter/ Landscape ConstructionJats Backyard LandscapingWhitehorse, YT10 Apr
Accounting TechnicianMP Computing LtdWhitehorse, YT11 Apr
Accounting AssistantAustring, Fendrick & FairmanWhitehorse, YT13 Apr
Associate Director, AccountingNorthwestel Inc.Whitehorse, YT02 Mar
Accounts Receivable Clerk 1City of WhitehorseWhitehorse, YT21 Apr