General Labourer - Warehouse
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Location: ALS Geochemistry, Whitehorse
Reports to: Lab Manager
Position Type: Casual
Shift: Day, Afternoon & Graveyard
About the Position: The Warehouse Technician 2 will support the warehouse functions within the lab
- Prepare packaging for outgoing shipments of pulp samples and rejects;
- Sorting, locating and retrieving sample pulp and rejects from the warehouse facility using forklift;
- Accurate data entry and inventory control of sample rejects, pulps, scan pallets and bins;
- Assist with inventory control, pulp and reject storage, disposal and return to clients in a timely manner;
- Ensure sample records and supplies are complete and accurate;
- Primary driver for local deliveries and pick-ups;
- Maintains vehicle inspection logs under minimal supervision;
- Provide inventory count to invoice clients for their pulp and reject storage;
- Provides assistance to clients and other ALS Branches when necessary;
- General shipping, receiving and supplies warehousing functions as needed;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Extensive walking or movement, bending, kneeling, and working with machines
- Frequently wearing a dust mask;
- Comfortable in environments with high noise levels;
- Ability to sit and/or stand for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks.
- Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Grade 12 diploma preferred;
- Applicable Provincial driver’s license with clean driving history required;
- Forklift license and experience operating a forklift an asset (on site certification will be required);
- Warehouse and Shipping & Receiving experience.
You would also be:
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately and thoroughly;
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high volume environment;
- Basic understanding of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Good English communication skills both written and verbal and ability to read English;
- Ability to work within a team environment;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online no later than April 18, 2017;
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
- For the employee referral bonus program, this position is eligible for a Level A bonus award.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
General Labourer - Sample Preparation TechnicianALS GroupWhitehorse, YT12 Apr
LabourerWildstone Construction & Engineering Ltd.Whitehorse, YT18 Apr
LabourerTerritorial Contracting Ltd.Whitehorse, YT20 Apr
Yard LabourerChief Isaac Group - MacKenzie PetroleumDawson City, YT24 Apr
Roofer/Roofing labourSkyHigh RoofingWhitehorse07 Mar