Community Engagement Coordinator
Community Engagement Coordinator – Volunteer
Hours: Require minimum commitment of 3 hours per week
This position reports to the Middle Years Program Director
The Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for engaging with the community on various levels in order to ascertain the needs, opinions, and perspectives of the community on various BGCY operations.
The BGCY is currently seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator to aid us in reaching the community to gather their opinions and possible support for the Weekday Warriors program.
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic individual to engage our program contacts in the community, represent our organization and gather support for the Weekday Warrior program. This position will involve contacting schools, parents, PTA’s, and other community members.
- Providing community contacts with information about BGCY programs and initiatives.
- Gaining an understanding of BGCY programs and practices.
- ‘Warm’ calling program participant families, local elementary schools, and other community agencies to discuss BGCY programs and initiatives.
- Coordinating meetings to discuss BGCY community engagement.
- Office work including, filing, organization, reception, and minute taking.
- Maintaining professional and friendly relationships with key community members.
- Representing the Boys and Girls Club of Yukon in our community;
A strong Community Engagement Coordinator will be organized, friendly, have strong written and oral communication skills and will have the following:
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Drivers Licence and access to reliable transportation (transportation costs to be covered by BGCY vehicle use reimbursement program);
- Current Driver’s Abstract;
- Willingness to provide a current Criminal Record Check.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a letter of intent to email@example.com which expresses your interest and your skills that you feel would be helpful to this position.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
More from Boys and Girls Club of Yukon
Executive DirectorBoys and Girls Club of YukonWhitehorse, YT21 Apr
Early Childhood Educator - Level 3 (NOC 4214)Boys and Girls Club of YukonWhitehorse, YT29 Mar
Teen Years Program Coordinator - CONNECTIONS ProgramBoys and Girls Club of YukonWhitehorse03 Mar
GOVERNANCE COORDINATOR FOR KASKA CHIEFSDaylu Dena CouncilLower Post, BC, Canada04 Nov
Student Engagement Coordinator - 17.51Yukon CollegeWhitehorse, YT11 Apr
Lands Engagement OfficerTaku River Tligit First NationAtlin, BC28 Feb
Community Outreach ManagerBYTE - Empowering Youth SocietyWhitehorse, YT24 Apr
Program CoordinatorSpecial Olympics YukonWhitehorse23 Feb