Position Description: This is a casual on-call position/As Needed
Job posting closes: April 26, 2017 at 11:45 pm
An Eligibility List may be established from this job posting – The duration of the eligibility list will be 6 months. Future vacancies will be filled by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires. The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Department: Recreation and Facility Services
The City of Whitehorse is one of Canada’s best places to live, work, and play. The City is proud of its recreation facilities and services. This is an opportunity to be a part of what makes Whitehorse a great place to live
Reporting to the Customer Service Supervisor and working with a dynamic team, the incumbent is responsible for advertising, marketing and communications for all departmental services, programs and events.
If you have the skills, experience and passion we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating the departmental marketing plan and ensuring accurate and timely provision of key information to the general public.
- Liaises with communications department and outside agencies for departmental marketing needs.
- Coordinates, creates and designs departmental marketing publications. This includes but is not limited to schedules, posters, program and special event promotions, Active Living Guide, gift and membership cards.
- Develops departmental content for print, radio and web advertising and maintains online schedule for the Canada Games Centre.
- Coordinates departmental signage needs including promotional, way finding and safety.
- Oversees the sale of advertising and posting of community information on the Community Information Board and posters within all indoor recreation facilities.
- Provides marketing and communication advice to the functional areas of customer service, programming and operations, ensuring that the corporate Communications Policy and Graphic Standards Manual are adhered to.
- Coordinates photography needs and services for the department. Supports organization wide photography needs as requested.
- Follows, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Open office setting in a pleasant and busy environment, some noisy conditions. Hours of Work 0500-2400 in a facility that experiences high frequency public traffic.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diploma in Marketing, Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Communications or equivalent.
- Previous experience – 3 years’ experience including marketing, web administration, graphic design and photography.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Deep understanding of best practices in organization communications and current marketing strategies
- Ability to mufti-task, problem solves and pays attention to details while being aware of the bigger picture.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Standard Office Equipment and Communication Equipment, Computer applications such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, Microsoft Office, ERP, Explorer, CLASS, Photography equipment, and City vehicle.
- Local, regional and media sales representatives
- Departmental Staff
- General Public
- Communications Department
Employment Contract: PSAC Y023
Range: $28.53 - $33.56
Department: Recreation and Facility Services
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
GOVERNANCE COORDINATOR FOR KASKA CHIEFSDaylu Dena CouncilLower Post, BC, Canada04 Nov
Program CoordinatorSpecial Olympics YukonWhitehorse23 Feb
Assistant CoordinatorYukon First Nation Culture & Tourism AssociationWhitehorse, YT19 Apr
Economic Development CoordinatorCity of WhitehorseWhitehorse, YT07 Apr
Summer Recreation CoordinatorVictoria Faulkner Women's CentreWhitehorse, YT21 Apr