Executive Advisor to Chief and Council
Reporting to Chief and Council, the Executive Advisor is the most senior management position in the Selkirk First Nation organization. This position serves as strategic advisor to Chief and Council while also providing management and administrative oversight and direction to the organization as it implements strategic priorities and delivers the day to day services, operations and programs to Selkirk First Nation citizens. The position is the key link between the Chief & Council and the First Nation Administrative organization.
Education and Experience
* Please note that equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.*
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Public or Business Administration or related field; and
- Substantial senior management experience, preferably with First Nation Government(s)
- Excellent leadership, financial management, and human resource management skills
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills, including negotiation, conflict management, presentation and interpretation skills
- Knowledge of structures, processes and programs of various levels of government including Federal, Yukon and First Nations organizations, including Land Claims regimes and the various funding sources available to First Nations governments.
- Knowledge and awareness of First Nation culture, traditions, history, demographics, family structures and socio-economic dynamics, challenges and aspirations.
- A proven ability to establish goals / objectives, long-term priorities, and develop and implement related strategies and work-plans.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster trust and acceptance, to build cooperative working relationships and to deal effectively with the media, boards and committees, and other officials from outside the organization.
- Good judgment, critical thinking, cooperativeness, flexibility, tact and diplomacy.
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Project Management
Conditions of Employment
Criminal Records Check, Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License, willingness to travel, be on-call and work flexible hours as required.This competition is preferenced to persons of Yukon First Nations ancestry as well as persons of Aboriginal ancestry.
Housing will be provided
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
GOVERNANCE COORDINATOR FOR KASKA CHIEFSDaylu Dena CouncilLower Post, BC, Canada04 Nov
Front Desk Clerk (NOC 6525)Andrea's HotelWatson Lake21 Nov
Tagish Advisory Council AdministratorTagish Advisory CouncilTagish02 Mar
Yukon Council on Aging (YCOA) is Looking for VolunteersYukon Council on Aging (YCOA)Whitehorse, YT10 Apr
Executive DirectorFireweed Community Market SocietyWhitehorse, YT03 Apr