BEER BARMAN/WOMAN & CATERER COOK (NOC 6512)
Are you passionate about craft beer? Do you get excited sharing that passion with other people? Winterlong Brewing Co. is looking for someone with that passion to work in our tasting room as well as provide catered food on a contract basis. This is a 35-40 hour per week position. Applicants must be 19 years of age to apply. Job will remain open until filled. National Occupation Code: 6512.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcoming customers;
- Providing beer tastings, filling growlers, and serving beer;
- Handling all cash/debit and credit card transactions;
- Restocking items;
- Providing catering services on a weekly to bi-weekly basis;
- Serving food daily in the tasting room;
- Clean up; and,
- Opening and closing the tasting room.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED: In order to qualify, you must have the following experience under your belt:
- Worked in a brewery tasting room within the past 6 months;
- Bartending experience;
- Worked as a chef/cook for at least 2 years;
- Have professional catering experience in a self-employed manner;
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certificate;
- Yukon B.A.R.S. (Be A Responsible Server) Certificate;
- Fluent in English (must have taken ‘Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program’ (CELPIP) if not a Canadian Citizen); and,
- Great smile, friendly, approachable, positive attitude.
The following will be considered additional assets:
- International bartending experience;
- Knowledge of brewing process and beer styles; and,
- Preparation of British pub-style food and incorporation of local ingredients.
- Must have own vehicle/transportation
- Must have access to catering space organized
Additional Application InstructionsPlease include a cover letter, resume and references by email.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Front Desk Clerk (NOC 6525)Andrea's HotelWatson Lake21 Nov
Bartender NOC# 6512Carmacks Hotel LimitedCarmacks, YT10 Apr
Cook (NOC 6322)Pho 5 Star RestaurantWhitehorse03 Mar
Early Childhood Educator and Assistant (NOC 4214)Church of the NazareneWhitehorse10 Feb
Food and Beverages Server (NOC 6513)Andrea's HotelWatson Lake21 Nov