Manager, Accounts Receivable
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Manager, Accounts Receivable located in Whitehorse, YT.
This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of all accounts receivable functions within the Company including policies, procedures, controls and reporting to facilitate accurate, timely and relevant accounting records of Accounts Receivable. This position prepares performance reporting and works closely with the Manager of Collections to find improvements in credit and bad debt management within the Company. The incumbent serves as the central point of escalation within the Corporate Services organization for all accounts receivable issues.
This position has the following direct reports:
• Accounting Clerk (3)
1. Selects, leads, coaches/mentors, directs and manages the Accounting Clerks responsible for accounts receivable. This includes ensuring appropriate development and competency enhancement for the incumbents.
2. Ensure timely, accurate, relevant and reliable reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to the Directors, Managers and Employees as required.
3. Ensure the safeguarding of assets via appropriate accounting controls, proper risk management processes and facilitating the implementation of internal and external audit identified risk mitigation plans pertaining to Accounts Receivable.
4. Efficient operation of the Accounts Receivable functions and related controls.
5. Actively participate in a leadership capacity in various cross-departmental teams to plan and execute strategic business objectives.
6. Part of the Finance Leadership Team
7. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Minimum of five (5) years appropriate and applicable work experience;
• Minimum three (3) years of management experience at the professional level with a sound record of leadership achievement;
• Demonstrated excellence in the technical aspects of accounting as it pertains to Accounts Receivable;
• Proficient with accounting systems and processes, preferably with the SAP financial system.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically;
• Excellent negotiating, problem-solving, analytical, planning and communication skills (oral, written and presentation);
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization builder and. , staff management and interpersonal skills are critical.
• Knowledge of or previous work experience in the telecommunications industry would be an asset.
• Bachelor’s Degree complemented by or working towards a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation would be an asset.
Additional Application InstructionsPlease visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date. Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
More from Northwestel Inc.
Customer Service RepresentativesNorthwestel Inc.Whitehorse, YT25 Apr
Analyst, Business SystemsNorthwestel Inc.Whitehorse, YT25 Apr
Implementation Manager, SatelliteNorthwestel Inc.Whitehorse, YT21 Apr
Implementation Manager, Core & IPNorthwestel Inc.Whitehorse, YT12 Apr
Associate Director, AccountingNorthwestel Inc.Whitehorse, YT02 Mar
GOVERNANCE COORDINATOR FOR KASKA CHIEFSDaylu Dena CouncilLower Post, BC, Canada04 Nov
Accounts Receivable Clerk 1City of WhitehorseWhitehorse, YT21 Apr
Shipping and receivingBumper to Bumper // Checkeredflag RecreationWhitehorse, YT24 Mar
Accounting TechnicianMP Computing LtdWhitehorse, YT11 Apr
Accounting AssistantAustring, Fendrick & FairmanWhitehorse, YT13 Apr