Manager, Water & Waste Services
- Excellent opportunity for a Manager, Water and Waste Services to join and build a career with The City of Whitehorse!
- Work in a safety-conscious environment and take your career to the next level in this dynamic role!
- Receive an extensive list of benefits including bonuses, 4 weeks of vacation, extended health and dental, and RSP's!
Explore Whitehorse...The Wilderness City
Whitehorse is home to some of the most spectacular scenery in Canada. Named “the Wilderness City”, Whitehorse is nestled on the banks of the famous Yukon River surrounded by mountains and pristine lakes. Gorgeous scenery and a vibrant city lifestyle, it’s no small wonder over 25,000 people enjoy living in Whitehorse year round.
A vibrant city life, healthy economy, small town values, a safe environment in which to raise a family, and access to the great outdoors make Whitehorse one of the best cities in Canada to live and work in. Whitehorse provides diverse services to all outlying communities, and has an economic base including mining, transportation services, tourism, and government services.
About your next role with The City of Whitehorse...
The City of Whitehorse has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Water & Waste Services to join our team on a full-time basis.
In this role (based in Whitehorse) you will manage, plan, organize, control, and evaluate activities to ensure the safe, sustainable, reliable and efficient operation of the Water and Waste services department. As Manager, you will play an integral role in developing and directing municipal goals, financial and business plans, and strategies to ensure the effective planning and delivery of programs and services.
About the ideal candidate
In addition to having a genuine interest in building a career with The City of Whitehorse in the Water & Waste field, we are seeking applications from individuals with:
- Post-secondary education in related discipline
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive related experience including at least four (4) years of supervisory experience plus one year on the job training. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
- A proven track record and commitment to safety and environmental procedures and encouraging a safe work environment
- Excellent management track record with specific accomplishments in directing budgets and strategic planning and to provide effective recommendations as a member of the management team
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, and the ability to multitask with minimal supervision
- Excellent skills relating to communications, team building, liaising with stakeholders, human relations, strategic operational and financial planning, and problem-solving
- Proven written and oral communication skills to develop and present reports, position papers, and proposals
- The ability to foster and maintain effective relationships with peers and/or stakeholders
Due to the nature of this role, approximately 25% of your time will be spent outside of the office for site visits or facility inspections.
What we can offer you
In exchange for all of your hard work and dedication on the job, you can look forward to receiving a highly competitive annual salary of $117,712 - $132,607.
We value a healthy work-life balance and we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes: Extended Health and Dental, Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Weekly Indemnity Insurance, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Spending Allowance of up to $1,000 per calendar year
- BONUSES! We offer a Yukon Bonus and Long Service Bonus
- 4 weeks of vacation accrual to start
- Accrual of Special Leave days
- Employee/employer funded RSP’s to ensure that you have funds when you retire
- Professional development support
At The City of Whitehorse, you will find a fair and forward-thinking team that works hard to create an inclusive, productive environment. We value our team and believe in advancing their growth both personally and professionally.
Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your skill set with an innovative, caring employer. An eligibility list may be established for future job opportunities. Applications are scheduled to close on April 17, 2017 at 11:45pm. For full details and to apply, please visit http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/88598
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
GOVERNANCE COORDINATOR FOR KASKA CHIEFSDaylu Dena CouncilLower Post, BC, Canada04 Nov
Front Desk Clerk (NOC 6525)Andrea's HotelWatson Lake21 Nov
Customer Sales & Service AssociateInkspirationz GraphixWhitehorse, YT13 Apr
ACCOMMODATION SERVICES MANAGER (NOC 0632)Skky HotelWhitehorse01 Feb
Implementation Manager, Core & IPNorthwestel Inc.Whitehorse, YT12 Apr