Production Assistant (Anticipatory Posting)
STUDENT JOB – PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
The Dawson City Music Festival is looking for an energetic administrator to assist with various office and on-site duties for the 39th annual Dawson City Music Festival.
The successful candidate will assist with general office administration and production duties as assigned by the Executive Director. If you have administrative experience, preferably in the arts, have a familiarity with festivals in general or DCMF in specific, and love Canadian music, we’d like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be highly self-motivated, have excellent oral and written communication skills, preferably have festival experience (paid or unpaid), and be familiar with standard office computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). The ideal candidate is polite, organized, and eager to work in a fast-paced Festival environment.
The wage for this position is $15.50 per hour. It is a 14 week position starting Tuesday, May 16th based on 35 hours per week.
Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours, including long hours close to the festival, and both evening and weekend work will be required.
Students who are eligible:
- are between 19 and 30 years of age;
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- are Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible); and
- are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant territorial legislation and regulations.
Résumés must be received at the festival office by 5:00 pm Thursday April 20th, 2017.
Email resume in PDF format to: email@example.com
For any questions about this position or the festival, please phone 867-993-5584.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those applicants who are selected for an
interview will be contacted.
* please note that this is an anticipatory posting, contingent on funding.
TITLE: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
LOCATION: DAWSON CITY, YUKON
REPORTING TO: DCMF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
DURATION: 14 weeks @ 35 hrs. /wk.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Must be at least 19 years of age.
Responsible for the development, organization, and execution of assigned production elements for the 39th annual Dawson City Music Festival. Assist with Festival production duties as assigned by the Festival’s Executive Director and work closely with Executive Director and Volunteer Coordinator to accomplish the organization’s goals.
Responsibilities include reception and general office duties; recruitment and coordination of food and craft vendors; scheduling and coordinating Beer Garden Stage; festival program ad sales; assistance with box office preparation and database; managing inventory of the Association including tents and sound equipment; overseeing and scheduling equipment rentals; Social Media and Marketing; Media Accreditation; Assist Executive Director, Technical Director and contract technical staff as needed; and other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director
Wordpress and Photoshop skills are considered an asset.
Detailed follow-up and reporting will be a post-festival priority.
- Experience in festival and/or events environment
- Knowledge of volunteer work and non-profit organizations
- Proven experience working with deadlines
- Demonstrable computer skills
- Availability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Energy and ability to fit in with a dynamic team working under pressure
- Ability to motivate others
- Knowledge and understanding of artistic and musical practices is an asset
- A win-win approach to problem solving
- Strong communication and customer relations skills
- Calm disposition under pressure
- Ability to cope with change, and assist others to do so.
Additional Application InstructionsRésumés must be received at the festival office by 5:00 pm Thursday April 20th, 2017. Email resume in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
GOVERNANCE COORDINATOR FOR KASKA CHIEFSDaylu Dena CouncilLower Post, BC, Canada04 Nov
WATSON LAKE - POST OFFICE ASSISTANT (ON CALL)Canada PostWatson Lake, YT, Canada31 Mar
ATLIN - POST OFFICE ASSISTANT (On Call)Canada PostAtlin, BC13 Mar
BEAVER CREEK - POST OFFICE ASSISTANT (On Call)Canada PostBeaver Creek, YT13 Mar
HAINES JUNCTION - POST OFFICE ASSISTANT (On Call)Canada PostHaines Junction, YT13 Mar