Accounting Technician (NOC 1311)
A busy accounting firm on Main Street in Whitehorse is seeking a full time Accounting Technician. The rate of pay is between $19 and $28 per hour (dependent on experience) for 40 hours per week. Some overtime will be required. M. McKay & Associates offers a health benefit package and will assist in the CPA Western School of Business program costs after a probation period of 6 months.
The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Completed, or substiantially completed, post secondary undergraduate degree with an accounting major
- Enrolled in, or about to enroll in the Chartered Professional Accountant's Western School of Business ACAF or PEP program https://www.cpawsb.ca/
- Be able to work some overtime in our busy season from April to October
- Have experience with Caseware, Cantax, Sage 50/Quickbooks, Microsoft Office
Your primary duties are as follows:
- Planning of financial statement audits in accordance with Canadian auditing standards (C.A.S.). Preparation of various working papers for financial statement audits, including completion of various forms as required by C.A.S, and the Chartered Professional Accountants (C.P.A.) public practice manual.
- Ensuring adequate appropriate audit evidence is collected to support the auditor’s report for the files you work on.
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) including ASPE, ASNPO and IFRS.
- Ensuring documentation for the client’s permanent file is up to date for the various clients you are involved with.
- Substantial completion of each audit or file so that it will require a minimal amount review time by the firm’s reviewers.
- Preparation of T2 corporate tax return and related schedules
- Preparation of T1 personal tax returns and related schedules
Other duties include the following:
- Preparation and completion of notice to reader files for various clients with the standards set out in the CPA public practice manual. These files will be completed to the point that they require a minimal amount of review time by the firm’s reviewers.
- Preparation and completion of review files for various clients with the standards set out in the CPA public practice manual and GAAP. These files will be completed to the point that they require a minimal amount of review time by the firm’s reviewers.
- Other duties as required in order to assist in the efficient and effective operation of the firm.
- Preparation and completion of other audits and limited assurance engagements. For
- example, Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) compliance audits, Indian and Northern Affairs Canada program audits
Additional Application InstructionsPlease drop your resume in person or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any candidates who are asked for an interview will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement and go through testing. If you have any questions, please contact Jason at 867-633-5434.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Camp Housekeeper/Assistant CookDominion Gold ResourcesDawson City, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Committee Chair and members (Community Engagement and Investment Committee)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
United Way Yukon is looking for a Communications Chair (Board of Directors)United Way YukonWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookBurnt Toast CafeWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Line cookThe Cut Off RestaurantWhitehorse, YT26 Apr
Front Desk Clerk (NOC 6525)Andrea's HotelWatson Lake21 Nov
Accounting Clerk (NOC 1431)Accurate Accounting ServicesWhitehorse08 Mar
Accounting TechnicianMP Computing LtdWhitehorse, YT11 Apr
Night Auditor NOC 6435Westmark Whitehorse Hotel and Conference CenterWhitehorse02 Feb
Sales Associate (NOC 6421)Cubbon Building CentreWhitehorse25 Feb