Aquaculture Technician - Full Time, Camp Shift
Full Time, Rotation Shifts
(camp shift 8 on / 6 off)
Icy Waters Ltd, Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Start Date: April 2017 Rate of pay: $14/h
Come and join us for a truly unique work experience… in aquaculture in the Yukon!
Icy Waters Ltd. is one of the premier Arctic Char farms in the world; dedicated to the development, growth, processing and sale of premium Arctic Charr and “Yukon Gold” Arctic Charr ova. Located in Whitehorse, Yukon, you will be surrounded by outdoor enthusiasts and enjoy a relaxed way of life in a small but cultured city!
The 8:6 camp shift requires that you work 10 hour days and then remain on site to do night rounds for 7 consecutive nights. Overnight accommodation will be provided for the 7 nights on site. Following those 8 work days, you are off for 6 days to make the most of your Yukon experience!
- Assist with the implementation of technical activities in the Hatchery and/or Tank Farm. These activities include, but are not limited to, spawning, incubation, egg packing, harvesting, feeding, grading, vaccination, daily husbandry, water quality, record keeping and maintaining a tidy work.
- Respond to alarms.
- Work weekends, evenings and various hours as required during your shifts.
- Follow all Icy Waters Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Background or experience in Aquaculture is an asset, but not required.
- Working knowledge of computers, specifically data entry.
- High School Education.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a cold, wet environment and adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Criminal Record Check for the past five years (further security clearance will be required after hire).
Please submit your resume and cover letter. We appreciate all applicants who apply, but only those qualified will be contacted.
Additional Application InstructionsPlease submit your resume and cover letter to Rosemary Motz at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 6, 2017. We appreciate all applicants who apply, but only those qualified will be contacted.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Taxi Drivers #262Premier CabsWhitehorse21 Feb
Interprovincial Instrumentation TechnicianCapstone Mining Corp.Minto Mine21 Feb
ReceptionistT.A. Firth & Son Ltd.Whitehorse21 Feb
Wilderness Field InstructorNOLS YukonYukon Territory, Canada21 Feb
Janitor/Laundry AttendantNorthern Vision Development (NVDLP)Whitehorse21 Feb
Automotive Service TechnicianAdvance North Mechanical LtdDawson City18 Oct
Camp manager/Camp AttendentDTRS Mining & Exploration LtdDawson City17 Feb
LDAY Camp Raven - Winter Camp DirectorLearning Disabilities Association of YukonWhitehorse26 Dec
LDAY Winter Camp Raven - Camp CounselorThe Learning Disabilities Association of YukonWhitehorse17 Feb
Manager, Summer Camp ProgramsYukon CollegeWhitehorse14 Feb